Kellogg's Celebrates Team USA Success At The Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- Medal-winning performances by first-time Team USA members and Team Kellogg's athletes inspire fans to look to daily motivations for success
- Kellogg's medal-winning US athletes: Simone Biles, Jimmy Butler, Tom Shields
- Natalie Bieule of Team Kellogg's officially made the U.S. Paralympic roster, will compete next in the 2016 Paralympics, beginning on September 7th
Sep 7, 2016
BATTLE CREEK, Mich., Sept. 7, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- With the 2016 Olympic Games now at a close for Team USA, Kellogg Company announced today the accomplishments of Team Kellogg's first-time U.S. Olympians at the Games. Team Kellogg's transformed their daily routines into international acclaim, showing what gets them started along the journey to Rio. All five Team Kellogg's U.S. Olympians competed in Rio, with three bringing home medals. The Team Kellogg's Olympic athletes include: Ajee' Wilson (track), Jimmy Butler (basketball), Julie Johnston (soccer), Tom Shields (swimming) and Simone Biles (gymnastics).
Team Kellogg's Medal Winners
- Simone Biles (gymnastics) went home with a record four gold medals and one bronze medal, making her the most decorated American gymnast in history. In addition to a bronze in beam and gold on floor, vault, and the individual all-around, Simone was integral in achieving gold for the U.S. in the team finals.
- Jimmy Butler (basketball) and the U.S. men's basketball team defeated Serbia in the championship match, bringing home the gold medal for Team USA.
- Tom Shields (swimming) came away with his first gold medal in the medley relay. Having swam the butterfly leg of the race in the preliminary round, Tom helped put his team on track for a first place finish in the finals.
"With the help of Team Kellogg's athletes, we've celebrated the things that drive people to get up in the morning, what pushes them toward their goal, and what inspires them to uncover the possibilities of each new day," said Noel Geoffroy, Senior Vice President, Marketing & Innovation for Kellogg's U.S. Morning Foods. "These Olympians have shown us that each day is a new opportunity for greatness and our everyday motivations can help lead us to success – regardless of whether you're a world-class Olympian or a working mom raising her kids."
Next, Team Kellogg's cheers on team member and Team USA Paralympian Natalie Bieule as she prepares to compete in the 2016 Paralympic Games in Rio, which begin on September 7th. Bieule was officially named to the U.S. Paralympic roster, and will compete in discus on September 11th.
Additionally, Simone Biles and the U.S. women's gymnastics team embark on the Kellogg's Tour of Gymnastics Champions. The team will visit 36 U.S. cities throughout the fall, meeting with fans and celebrating their successes with other acclaimed gymnasts. The gymnasts' gold medal edition Special K with Red Berries cereal box – honoring Simone's individual championship and the women's team championship – will be available for sale at the stops on the tour. For more information on the Kellogg's Tour of Gymnastics, please visit kelloggstour.com.
To learn more about what gets Team Kellogg's started, and view their stories, visit www.Kelloggs.com/TeamUSA.
About Kellogg Company
At Kellogg Company (NYSE: K), we strive to make foods people love. This includes our beloved brands – Kellogg's®, Keebler®, Special K®, Pringles®, Kellogg's Frosted Flakes®, Pop-Tarts®, Kellogg's Corn Flakes®, Rice Krispies®, Cheez-It®, Eggo®, Mini-Wheats® and more – that nourish families so they can flourish and thrive. With 2015 sales of $13.5 billion and more than 1,600 foods, Kellogg is the world's leading cereal company; second largest producer of cookies, crackers and savory snacks; and a leading North American frozen foods company. Through our Breakfasts for Better DaysTM global hunger initiative, we've provided more than 1.4 billion servings of cereal and snacks to children and families in need around the world. To learn more, visit www.kelloggcompany.com or follow us on Twitter @KelloggCompany, YouTube and on Social K.
SOURCE Kellogg Company
For further information: Media Hotline, Kellogg Company, 269-961-3799, email@example.com; Trent Stafford, 312-715-4943, firstname.lastname@example.org