Kellogg Launches Hot Cereal, Bars, Shakes And More For Changing Breakfast Preferences
- @Special K _US Nourish hot cereal with quinoa, oats, barley & wheat. Single-serve cup, 3 flavors, 8g protein, 5g fiber
- Kellogg's to Go breakfast shakes debut with 5g fiber, 10g protein; milk chocolate, vanilla, strawberry flavors @kellogg_US
- @Kashi launches new flavors for GOLEAN and Heart-to-Heart cereal
Jun 6, 2013
BATTLE CREEK, Mich., June 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Kellogg Company is introducing several new breakfast products to meet the changing needs and preferences of many of its consumers, including Special K® Nourish hot cereal and bars, and Kellogg's® To Go breakfast shakes.
"Special K Nourish hot cereal and bars are specifically designed for people who are seeking positive nutrition to help manage their weight," said Doug VanDeVelde, senior vice president, Kellogg Morning Foods. "These consumers are focused on eating better, not just eating less."
When considering a nutritious breakfast, 54 percent of consumers think fiber is important and 49 percent think protein is important.[i] Special K Nourish hot cereal features a unique whole grain blend, including quinoa, oats, barley and wheat, and each serving provides 8 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber.
This is the first-ever hot cereal from Special K in the U.S. and it debuts in three flavors: maple brown sugar crunch, cranberry almond, and cinnamon raisin pecan. Nourish hot cereal comes in a two-pack of single-serve cups that can be quickly prepared stirring in hot water or by adding cool water and heating in a microwave. Nuts and fruit are provided in a removable cap and can be stirred into the hot cereal for a delicious taste experience.
Nourish nutrition bars provide 5 grams fiber and 8 grams protein and each bar is made with premium ingredients such as quinoa, fruit, nuts, and seeds. They debut in dark chocolate nut delight, cranberry almond, and lemon twist flavors.
Even though most consumers know breakfast is the most important meal of the day, thirty million Americans skip breakfast every day, with young adults (20 percent) and teens (17 percent) having the highest rate of missing their morning meal.[ii] The number one thing that would enable more people to eat breakfast is increased availability of convenient breakfast items.[iii]
Kellogg's is freeing breakfast from the table with the introduction of Kellogg's To Go breakfast shakes – a delicious and convenient drinkable option that provide 10 grams of protein, 5 grams of fiber and 21 vitamins and minerals.[iv]
"Kellogg's believes in the power of breakfast, and too many people skip this important meal," said VanDeVelde. "That's why we created a new delicious option for on-the-go breakfast nutrition."
The shakes are available in three flavors – milk chocolate, vanilla and strawberry – and come in either an easy-to-mix powder or ready-to-drink-single serve bottles. They can be found in retailer breakfast aisle.
Other new breakfast foods from Kellogg include:
- Pop-Tarts® Gone Nutty toaster pastries debut in two varieties: peanut butter and frosted chocolate peanut butter.
- Raisin Bran Healthy Heart Omega 3 cereal – 5 grams fiber and heart-healthy whole grain with omega-3 oils and two scoops of raisins in every box.
- Special K Multigrain cereal – The newest addition to the Special K line features lightly sweetened toasted rice and the benefits of multi-grain flakes.
- Kashi® GOLEAN Vanilla Graham Clusters cereal feature graham pieces, Seven Whole Grain honey puffs and naturally sweetened vanilla granola clusters and provide 9 grams of fiber and 11g protein.
- Kashi Heart-to-Heart cereal adds new nutty chia flax variety, made with naturally sweetened barley and oat O's, plus flax, chia seed and walnuts.
Special K Nourish hot cereal will arrive at retailers later this summer. The other new products are now arriving in stores nationwide.
About Kellogg Company
At Kellogg Company (NYSE: K), we are driven to enrich and delight the world through foods and brands that matter. With 2012 sales of $14.2 billion, Kellogg is the world's leading cereal company; second largest producer of cookies, crackers and savory snacks; and a leading North American frozen foods company. Every day, our well-loved brands nourish families so they can flourish and thrive. These brands include Kellogg's®, Keebler®, Special K®, Pringles®, Frosted Flakes®, Pop-Tarts®, Corn Flakes®, Rice Krispies®, Kashi®, Cheez-It®, Eggo®, Coco Pops®, Mini-Wheats®, and many more. Because we believe in the power of breakfast, we focus our philanthropic efforts global hunger relief through our Breakfasts for Better Days™ initiative, providing 1 billion servings of cereal and snacks - more than half of which are breakfasts - to children and families in need by the end of 2016. To learn more about our responsible business leadership, foods that delight and how we strive to make a difference in our communities around the world, visit www.kelloggcompany.com.
[i] Compass Eating Database
[ii] NPD Group, National Eating Trends
[iii] Kellogg Survey: Breakfast in America
[iv] For ready-to-drink shake
SOURCE Kellogg Company
For further information: Media Hotline, Kellogg Company, 269-961-3799, firstname.lastname@example.org