Kellogg heats up the frozen food segment with innovations from Special K®, Eggo® and MorningStar Farms®
- @SpecialKUS fans get warm breakfast options with new frozen Flatbread Breakfast Sandwiches and Red Berry waffles
- #Eggo pours on the fun with Drizzlers waffles featuring Strawberry and Blueberry topping made with real fruit
- Another flavorful veggie burger from @MorningStrFarms Mediterranean Chickpea
Jan 31, 2013
BATTLE CREEK, Mich., Jan. 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- From smart breakfast selections to family favorites to flavorful veggie options, Kellogg Company continues to introduce delicious, on-trend frozen food options.
"Kellogg is as a leader in the frozen food category because of our keen insights into the needs of consumers," said Michael Allen, president of Kellogg Frozen Food. "Whether it is a mom looking for a tasty breakfast option for her kids, or someone seeking satisfying meals that meet specific nutrition goals, we understand what brings consumers to the frozen aisle."
Kellogg has translated its knowledge of consumer needs and preferences into an appealing lineup of new products, including the following:
- Special K Flatbread Breakfast Sandwiches give consumers who are managing their weight a warm, satisfying and delicious breakfast choice. Available in three varieties (Sausage, Egg and Cheese; Ham, Egg, and Pepper Jack Cheese; and Egg with Vegetables and Pepper Jack Cheese), these new sandwiches have between 180-240 calories and are good sources of protein and fiber. They are ready from the microwave in just 90 seconds. The sandwiches are another way Special K give weight managers a delicious way to live a healthy lifestyle.
- Special K Red Berry waffles are low in fat, a good source of fiber and offer the great taste consumers expect from their trusted weigh management partner. They build on the appeal of the popular Special K Red Berry cereal and provide a warm and delicious way to stay on track.
- Eggo Drizzlers are home-style waffles with delicious blueberry or strawberry topping packets included. They are ideal for parents looking for a tasty breakfast that kids will love to eat. Parents will also be glad that the toppings contain 35 percent less sugar than traditional syrup.
- MorningStar Farms Mediterranean Chickpea vegetarian burgers offer a new option for people looking flavorful meat alternatives made with simple, familiar ingredients such as chickpeas, garlic, red onion, and spinach. The burgers taste great while having 110 calories and 70 percent less fat than a regular burger. They are also a good source of protein.
Special K Breakfast Sandwiches are currently available at stores nationwide. The remaining new frozen food products from Kellogg will arrive at retailers during the first quarter of 2013.
About Kellogg Company
Driven to enrich and delight the world through foods and brands that matter, Kellogg Company (NYSE: K) is the world's leading producer of cereal, second largest producer of cookies and crackers and - through the May 2012 acquisition of the iconic Pringles® business - the world's second largest savory snacks company. In addition, Kellogg is a leading producer of frozen foods. Every day, our well-loved brands - produced in 18 countries and marketed in more than 180 countries - nourish families so they can flourish and thrive. With 2011 sales of more than $13 billion, these brands include Cheez-It®, Coco Pops®, Corn Flakes®, Eggo®, Frosted Flakes®, Kashi®, Keebler®, Kellogg's®, Mini-Wheats®, Pop-Tarts®, Pringles, Rice Krispies®, Special K®, and many more. To learn more about Kellogg Company, including our corporate responsibility initiatives and rich heritage, please visit www.kelloggcompany.com.
SOURCE Kellogg Company
For further information: Kellogg Media Hotline, +1-269-961-3799, Media.email@example.com